On July 1 2022, we became the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF). Here on our website, you can find information about agriculture, fisheries, forestry, biosecurity and trade.
Information about the environment, water and climate adaptation, is now available on the new website for the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water.
We are updating our website to reflect our changed role.
DAFF is responsible for:
- agricultural, pastoral, fishing, food and forest industries
- soils and other natural resources
- rural adjustment and drought issues
- rural industries inspection and quarantine
- primary industries research including economic research
- commodity marketing, including export promotion and agribusiness
- commodity-specific international organisations and activities
- administration of international commodity agreements
- administration of export controls on agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries products
- food security policy and programmes
- food processing industry policy
- biosecurity, in relation to animals and plants.
Find out more about what we do.